Miniature Schnauzers are friendly, lively, and eager to please, and they learn quickly. The breed’s high intelligence makes it necessary to keep training fun and interesting, as they can get bored with repetition.
Guard Dog Du Jour – Miniature schnauzers were bred to be dominating guard dogs, assertive enough to stand up to another dog twice his size—all without the tendency to actually bite. Yep, this breed was known to be all bark and no bite, making him an in-demand family companion.
Miniature Schnauzers have a Distinct Appearance and Personality
One of the Smartest Dog Breeds
Considering there are roughly 350 recognized dog breeds in the world, ranking No. 12 on the quintessential dog breed intelligence list† most certainly means the miniature schnauzer is super smart.
Due to the Miniature Schnauzer’s playful nature, these breeds make great family pets and always get on well with children
Highly intelligent and easy to train
In the top 12 group of highest intelligenceg
- Easy maintenance
- Excellent companion dog
- First-rate Therapy Service dog
- Fit perfectly under the seat inside the cabin of an airplane
- Loves children, seniors, and everyone in-between
- Minimal vocal
- Learn a new command in less than 5 repetitions
- Knows how to chill for soap operas and sports
- Can keep up with a bicycle
- Loves the outdoors
- Loves the indoors
- Loves their humans a pack animals
- Great longevity
- Extremely cuddly and affectionate